Welcome to the Auburn Fire Department
New visitors please click on the 'Auburn Website Tips' page for more information...
Auburn Firefighters Battle 3-Alarm Blaze
AUBURN, N.H. -- Firefighters battled a stubborn blaze inside a large two-story colonial home Friday night.
The auburn fire chief said the family who lives at the home on Morgan Drive was at home when the fire ignited. He said smoke alarms alerted the family, who made it out safely.
Once outside, the chief said the family noticed heavy smoke coming from an attached three-car garage, where it appeared the fire started.
Arriving firefighters quickly activated a second and a third alarm.At least 10 water tankers from as far away as Derry, Fremont, Londonderry and Epping to help get water to the house.
The closest fire hydrant is one mile away, according to fire officials.
A long chain of fire hoses linked to numerous fire trucks pumped the water to the home, which sits on the top of a hill in a rural neighborhood.
Firefighters were able to save most of the house, but the garage wing of the home was destroyed.
Officials said a large living space was above the garage.There was no word Friday night on what may have sparked the fire, but the fire chief said there was nothing that appeared suspicious.